Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Allergy Friendly Easter

Finn is allergic to just about everything that goes into Easter candy...dairy, soy, corn (including corn starch and corn syrup), possibly wheat (gluten) and peanuts.  On top of it all, the kids are vegetarian.  This makes giving them any kind of "fun" food a tad bit difficult.

I was going to order allergy free chocolate for the kids for Easter this year, but I cannot believe how expensive the bunnies are!!!  They are ridiculous!

I made these chocolate lollipops using Enjoy Life Brand Mini Chocolate chips (you can get the chocolate chips at Publix and Wal-Mart, but I usually buy them at Nutrition Smart or Whole Foods - for some reason they are cheaper there.  I bought the candy molds at Target for $2.00.  I wish I got a better picture of them before the kids devoured them, but they turned out really cute and it was so easy!!!  I just melted the chocolate chips in the microwave - 20 seconds on power 5, stir and repeat and poured them in to the molds.  Put them in the refrigerator until they set.  How easy!!!

I buy Enjoy Life brand a lot for easy on the go items when I don't have time to make allergy free things such as cookies, granola bars, etc.   Both kids love their stuff and they are free of the 8 most common allergens.


I also bought them Surf Sweets Jelly Beans.  I found these at Nutrition Smart off Dale Mabry and on-line.  They are the only vegetarian jelly beans I could find and they are organic, gluten, casein, and soy free.  They are really yummy!

Hope everyone had a great Easter!  Both of my little bunnies made out like bandits!



No comments:

Post a Comment